Find a Lender-Approved Local Conveyancer in Bedwas

Ready to buy a new home? Find a law firm approved by your lender.

FACT : Bedwas Conveyancing Solicitors Know more about Conveyancing in Bedwas

Reasons to use our Bedwas conveyancing solicitors

  • 1 Bedwas property lawyer are the linchpin to a successful Bedwas conveyancing experience, keeping the process under control. They are on your side throughout, offering dedicated advice for the duration of your move
  • 2 Cut price packages from online conveyancers might seem attractive. However, these firms are often based many kilometers away with limited understanding of the factors that affect property transactions in Bedwas
  • 3 Excellent communication and pure property experience are key benefits that you should look for when choosing conveyancing solicitors. Bedwas conveyancing can become a lot more stressful due to lack of transparency between all the parties. The lawyers we work with strive to make sure that the lines of communication are open and act on arising issues and developments expeditiously.
  • 4 Firms that specialise in conveyancing in Bedwas are familiar with the local issues peculiar to Bedwas and therefore you may benefit from better guidance and faster conveyancing.
  • 5 Retaining the services of a local Solicitor generally results in a more personal touch. Online forums bear testimony to the idea that in appointing a an online conveyancing factory, your matter is handled by a team of people who who update you by reading from their computer screens.

Examples of recent conveyancing in Bedwas since February 2022*

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Bedwas

I have given 2 months notice to my existing landlord and must be out of my rented flat in Bedwas by the end of next month. Conveyancing for my house purchase has just started. Is it possible to complete in six weeks as I wish to avoid having to move into temporary accommodation?

Generally one should not give notice for your lease unless your lawyer suggests that you should. If you have not previously done so, notify to your conveyancer and request that they apply pressure on the owners side, try to an acceptable time-line that all parties will aim towards

The Bedwas conveyancing firm that just started acting on my purchase in Bedwas have without warning shut down. I chose them because I had to have a lawyer on the Virgin Money conveyancing panel and my preferred Bedwas lawyer was not. I paid them 275 plus VAT in advance. What do I do now?

Assuming that you have an Estate Agent in the equation then let them know immediately so that they can let the sellers know that there may be a slight delay due to reasons beyond your control. Hopefully they will be sympathetic and urge their lawyer to send a new set of papers to your new solicitors. You will need to appoint new lawyers that are on the Virgin Money conveyancing panel and notify the lender. If you have paid over any money, it will hopefully be held by the SRA as money in an intervened firm's bank accounts is transferred to the SRA. Then, the SRA or the intervention agent looks at the intervened firm's accounts to work out who the money belongs to. To claim your money you will need to contact the SRA. If the SRA cannot return money you are owed from the firm's bank accounts, or if they can only return part of the money, you can apply to the Compensation Fund for a grant. Your new solicitors may be able to assist.

I am helping my sister sell her flat in Bedwas. Does the solicitor arrange the energy performance certificate or should I organise this?

Following the demise of Home Packs, energy assessments was left as a required component of moving house. An EPC must be commissioned in advance of the property being marketed. It is not as aspect of the sale process that law firms normally arrange. If you are instructing a Bedwas conveyancing solicitor they may be able to arrange EPC’s given their relationships with reputable Bedwas accredited person

My wife and I have arranged the release of further funds on our mortgage from Co-operative as we wish to carry out improvements to our house in Bedwas. Do we need to choose a high street Bedwas solicitor on the Co-operative conveyancing panel to deal with the paperwork?

Co-operative do not ordinarily appoint a member of their conveyancing panel to deal with such a matter. If they do require any legal work then you would need to ensure that such a lawyer was on the Co-operative conveyancing panel.

My wife and I are spending time viewing apartments in Bedwas and I am now considering a potential offer. Should I already have a conveyancing practitioner appointed at this stage? I will be getting a home loan with Co-operative.

It would be advisable to commence your search sooner rather than later. After you have chosen your lawyer and once your offer is accepted you can instruct them to work for you and pass their details on to the selling agent. As you are obtaining a mortgage with Co-operative, ask your prospective lawyers if they are on the Co-operative conveyancing panel otherwise they can't do the mortgage legal work.

I used Wolstenholmes several years past for my conveyancing in Bedwas. Now, I need the documents but cannot find the solicitor. What do I do?

You should call the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) to help locate your conveyancing files. They can be contacted on please contact on 0870 606 2555. Alternatively, you should use their online form to make an enquiry. You will need to provide the SRA with as much information as possible to assist their search, including the name and address in Bedwas of the conveyancing firm of solicitors you previously used, the name of conveyancing solicitor with whom you had dealings, and the date on which you last had dealings with the firm.

Over the last few months I have been searching for a flat up to £195,000 and found one close by in Bedwas I like with open areas and railway links nearby, however it's only got 49 years on the lease. There is not much else in Bedwas for this price, so just wondered if I would be making a grave error purchasing a short lease?

Should you need a mortgage that many years may be an issue. Reduce the price by the expected lease extension will cost if not already taken into account. If the current owner has owned the property for a minimum of 2 years you could ask them to start the process of the extension and pass it to you. You can add 90 years to the existing lease and have £0 ground rent by law. You should consult your conveyancing solicitor concerning this.

Hoping to buy a property located in Bedwas and I am already nervous. I couldn't find anything specific about Bedwas. Conveyancing will be needed in due course but do you know about the Bedwas area? or perhaps some other tips you can share?

Rather than looking online forget looking online you should go and have a look at Bedwas. In the meantime here are some basic statistics that we found

Last updated

Commercial Conveyancing solicitors in Bedwas regulated by the SRA

The list below is a small selection of solicitors in Bedwas practicing in commercial conveyancing in Bedwas. This should include advice on re-mortgaging commercial property
  • Caswell Jones, Portcullis House, 18 Cardiff Road, Caerphilly, Mid Glamorgan, CF83 1JN
  • Owen & O'sullivan, 5 The Square, Ystrad Mynach, Hengoed, Mid Glamorgan, CF82 7DU
  • T S Edwards & Son, 1 The Square, Ystrad Mynach, Hengoed, Mid Glamorgan, CF82 7DU
  • Michael Leighton Jones & Co, Suite 3, Tredomen Innovation Centre, Tredomen Park, Ystrad Mynach, Hengoed, Mid Glamorgan, CF82 7FQ
  • Janet L Jordan & Co, 8a Cardiff Road, Taffs Well, Cardiff, Cardiff, CF15 7RE

Domestic Licensed Conveyancers in Bedwas regulated by the CLC

Please be aware that the listed conveyancers do not limit their work for conveyancing in Bedwas but also conveyancing across England and Wales.
  • Susan Cotter & Co, 63 Merthyr Road, CF14 1DD

Transfer of Equity conveyancing in Bedwas usually involves the following:

  • Obtaining instructions from parties involved
  • Collating the documents evidencing the title to the property
  • Representing bank (if relevant)
  • Agreeing the terms of the transaction
  • Drafting Transfer or approving draft Transfer
  • Negotiating amendments to the draft Transfer
  • Corresponding with parties concerning the Transfer
  • Agreeing and preparing for completion
  • Receiving and releasing monies to the appropriate parties
  • Completing and submitting to HM Revenue and Customs the appropriate Land Tax forms and payment
  • Registering the new ownership and the mortgage (where appropriate) at the HM Land Registry.

*Source acknowledgement: House price data produced by Land Registry as well data supplied by Lexsure Ltd.

© Crown copyright material is reproduced with the permission of Land Registry under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO.