Find a Lender-Approved Local Conveyancer in Cheshire

Ready to buy a new home? Find a law firm approved by your lender.

If you have reached us by Googling ‘Conveyancing in Cheshire’ follow your intuition — you will have a better house move where you instruct a conveyancing solicitor in Cheshire.

Main reasons to use our service to help you choose a high street conveyancing solicitor in Cheshire

  • 1 The mark of a good conveyancing solicitor in Cheshire is quality not quantity. The level of service offered by conveyancing "factories" (sometimes 'recommended' by large estate agency chains) sometimes falls short of the high standards of professionalism you would hope for.
  • 2 Cheshire conveyancing lawyers will acquainted with the local Land Registry Office, Local Authority and selling agents
  • 3 Property lawyer conveyancing firms have very good personal links with Cheshire estate agents and work very closely with them and local surveyors so as to ensure transactions proceed expeditiously.
  • 4 On the balance of probabilities the the solicitors for the other party are based in Cheshire - if so both parties are likely to have worked on conveyancing matters in the past
  • 5 Firms that specialise in conveyancing in Cheshire have a grasp oflocal concerns peculiar to Cheshire and therefore you may benefit from better advice and faster conveyancing.

Examples of recent conveyancing in Cheshire since January 2021*

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Cheshire

My friend's uncle is a solicitor. I expect that I will receive mate’s fee for conveyancing, but if not, what level of costs should I be paying for conveyancing in Cheshire?

It’s prudent to look for two or three conveyancing quotes. Make use of our search tool on this site. Whilst charges seem to vary but service levels do are distinct between property lawyers as is the case with most professions.

My uncle passed away 10 months ago and as sole heir and executor I was left the house in Cheshire. The house had a small mortgage left on it of around £8000. I want to have the title changed into my name whilst I re-mortgage to Skipton, pay off the mortgage. Is this allowed?

If you plan to refinance then Skipton will insist on your using a conveyancer on the Skipton conveyancing panel. Here is link to the Land Registry online guidance around what to do when a property owner dies. This will help you to understand the registration process behind changing the details re the registered title. in your case it would appear that you are effectively purchasing the property from the estate. Your Skipton conveyancing panel solicitor pays the new mortgage money into the estate, the estate pays off the old mortgage, the charge is released and you become the owner and the Skipton mortgage is registered as a charge at the Land Registry.

This question may be naive but I am unexperienced as a first time buyer of a garden flat in Cheshire. Do I collect the keys to the property on the completion date from my solicitor? If this is the case, I will appoint a High Street conveyancing solicitor in Cheshire?

There is no need to visit the lawyers office on the day of completion. Conveyancing lawyers for you will arrange to send the completion advance to the vendor’s conveyancers, and once they have received this, you will be called to receive the keys from the property Agents and start moving into the property. Usually this happens between 1 and 3pm.

We previously appointed solicitors located in Cheshire on the Co-operative solicitor panel. They have just billed me a further charge for the legal aspects of the Co-operative mortgage. Is this a supplemental conveyancing fee set by Co-operative?

As unfair as it may seem, as long as it’s in their Terms and Conditions or estimate then yes your conveyancer may charge a fee for this. This fee is not dictated by Co-operative but by your Cheshire conveyancer. Some firms on the Co-operative panel will levy an ‘acting for lender’ fee but many practices include it on their overall fee.

I am selling my house. I had a double glazing fitted in May 2010, but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My purchaser’s mortgage company, Principality are being a right pain. The Cheshire solicitor who is on the Principality conveyancing panel is saying indemnity insurance will be fine but Principality are insisting on a building regulation certificate. Why do Principality have a conveyancing panel if they don't accept advice from them?

It is probably the case that Principality have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why Principality may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing was correctly and safely installed. The indemnity insurance merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.

I decided to have a survey done on a property in Cheshire ahead of appointing lawyers. I have been told that there is a flying freehold element to the property. The surveyor advised that some banks may refuse to issue a mortgage on a flying freehold house.

It depends who your proposed lender is. Lloyds has different instructions for example to Nationwide. If you call us we can check with the relevant lender. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can assist as they are accustomed to dealing with flying freeholds in Cheshire. Conveyancing can be more complicated and therefore you should check with your conveyancing solicitor in Cheshire to see if the conveyancing will be more expensive.

I'm refinancing my primary property to a BTL loan with Barclays Direct and I will use the ballance of the raised equity as a deposit on further house. The neighborhood we are talking about is Cheshire. Will your solicitors be able to act for both sets of banks and tie in the transactions?

Make use of our search tool on this site to ensure that the solicitors are on the relevant lender panels. Assuming that they are your solicitor should be able to connect the two transactions but you should have a chat with you conveyancer and communicate your expectations and requirements.

In my capacity as executor for the will of my grandfather I am disposing of a house in Swansea but reside in Cheshire. My lawyer (based 260 miles from merequires that I execute a statutory declaration before completion. Could you suggest a conveyancing practitioner in Cheshire who can attest and place their company stamp on the document?

Technically speaking you are not likely to need to have the documents attested by a conveyancing solicitor. Normally any notary public or solicitor will do regardless of whether they are Cheshire based

Last updated

Residential Landlord and Tenant Conveyancing solicitors in Cheshire

The firms listed below are a non-comprehensive list of solicitors in Cheshire with expertise in landlord and tenant law and on the regulations governing different types of tenancies. This will likely include advice on Leasehold Valuation Tribunal proceedings

  • Cf Law Limited, 20 Winnington Street, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 1AF
  • Susan Howarth & Co Solicitors Ltd, 41 Chester Way, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 5JE

Commercial Conveyancing solicitors in Cheshire regulated by the SRA

The firms listed below are a small selection of solicitors in Cheshire with expertise in commercial conveyancing in Cheshire. This should include advice on buying and selling small and large scale commercial property and agricultural land
  • Personal Injury Practice Limited, Citadel House, Solvay Road, Winnington, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4DP
  • Moss Law Limited, 2 Castle Street, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 1AB
  • Cf Law Limited, 20 Winnington Street, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 1AF
  • Susan Howarth & Co Solicitors Ltd, 41 Chester Way, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 5JE

Transfer of Equity conveyancing in Cheshire normally entails the following:

  • Taking instructions from the appropriate parties
  • Investigating the title to the property
  • Acting on behalf of the lender (if applicable)
  • Agreeing the terms of the transaction
  • Drawing up Transfer or approving the Transfer deed
  • Agreeing adjustments to the the Transfer deed
  • Communicating with parties with regards to the Transfer
  • Agreeing and preparing for completion
  • Receiving and transferring monies to relevant parties
  • Completing and submitting to HMRC the appropriate Land Tax forms and payment
  • Registering the change in proprietorship and the mortgage (where relevant) at the HM Land Registry.

*Source acknowledgement: House price data produced by Land Registry as well data supplied by Lexsure Ltd.

© Crown copyright material is reproduced with the permission of Land Registry under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO.