Find a Lender-Approved Local Conveyancer in Romsey

Ready to buy a new home? Find a law firm approved by your lender.

Choosing the right solicitor is the most important decision when it comes to your Romsey conveyancing

Top 5 reasons to let us help you select a local conveyancing solicitor in Romsey

  • 1 Cut price packages from online conveyancers might seem attractive. However, these companies are often based many miles away with limited understanding of the factors that impact property transactions in Romsey
  • 2 No matter what any alternative companies tell you it may be necessary to pop into your conveyancer to execute legal papers. There are enough parties engaged in a conveyancing transaction without having to add Royal Mail into the equation.
  • 3 Personal touch together with a wealth of experience are key benefits that you should seek when selecting conveyancing solicitors. Romsey conveyancing can be made a lot more stressful as a result of lack of transparency between all the parties. The lawyers listed ensure that the lines of communication are open and act on arising issues and developments instantly.
  • 4 On the balance of probabilities the other side’s lawyers are based in Romsey - if so both parties will be on good working terms
  • 5 We are the UKs most comprehensive domestic conveyancing directory listing bank approved law firms conducting conveyancing in Romsey regulated by the SRA or Council of Licensed Conveyancers.

Examples of recent conveyancing in Romsey since June 2020*

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Romsey

Why do I have to pay up front for conveyancing in Romsey?

If you are buying a property in Romsey your solicitor will ask you put them with monies to cover the search fees. This will be the total of the cost of the Local Authority Search. When the down payment is as part of the total price then this will be required shortly ahead of exchange of contracts. Any further balance that is due will be payable shortly before completion.

My Solicitor in Romsey has never been on on the Virgin Money Conveyancing Panel. Is it possible for me to retain my family solicitor notwithstanding that they are excluded from the Virgin Money approved list?

Your options are as follows:

  1. Complete the purchase with your preferred Romsey lawyers but Virgin Money will need to instruct a solicitor on their list of acceptable firms. This will inevitably rack up the total conveyancing charges and result in frustration.
  2. Choose a new solicitor to to deal with the purchase, remembering to check they are on the Virgin Money panel

Can you help - my lawyer says that chancel insurance is necessary on my purchase. What is the typical level of cover needed for conveyancing in Romsey?

The right level of chancel indemnity insurance should be dictated by who your lender. It would differ for example between Accord Mortgages Ltd and Norwich and Peterborough Building Society. Conveyancing practitioners as opposed to borrowers take out such insurances.

I am purchasing a property in Romsey. A rare aspect is that the roof has a solar panel. Barclays have issued a mortgage offer so presumably this is not a concern to them. Why is my solicitor raising questions about the panel?

As your lender is Barclays your lawyer must check the conveyancing requirements contained in Section 2 of UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook for Barclays. The Council of Mortgage Lenders’ Handbook includes minimum specifications for solar panel roof-space leases, and conveyancing practitioners are required to report to Barclays where a lease fails to comply with these specifications. The requirements relate to the installation of panels on properties nationwide and is not restricted to Romsey.

After shopping around on the internet I have found a Romsey solicitor having checked that they are on the Barclays conveyancing panel. Does my lawyer arrange the survey of the property?

Barclays will need an independent valuation of the property. Your lawyer will not arrange this. Usually Barclays will appoint their own surveyor to do this, and you will have to pay for it. Remember that this is a valuation for mortgage purposes and not a survey. You may wish to consider appointing your own Romsey surveyor to carry out a survey or prepare a home buyers report on the property. It is up to you to satisfy yourself that the property is structurally sound before you buy it. If the survey or report reveals that building work is needed, you should tell your solicitor. You may wish to renegotiate with the seller.

I have justdiscovered that Wolstenholmes have closed. They conducted my conveyancing in Romsey for a purchase of a leasehold flat 12 months ago. How can I be sure that my home is registered correctly in the name of the former proprietor?

The quickest method to see if the premises is registered to you, you can carry out a search of the land registry (£3.00). You can either do this yourself or ask a law firm to do this for you. If you are not registered you can seek help from one of a number of Romsey conveyancing specialists.

I'm refinancing my primary home to a BTL mortgage with Virgin Money and I will use the ballance of the raised equity as a down payment on another property. The location we are looking at is Romsey. Will your lawyers be able to act for the two lenders and tie in the transactions?

Do use our search tool on this page to check that the solicitors are on the appropriate lender panels. Assuming that they are the conveyancer will be able to simultaneously deal with the two transactions but you should have a chat with you lawyer and specify your expectations and requirements.

We are a fortnight into a freehold purchase having been referred to conveyancers by the selling agent to do our conveyancing in Romsey. I am not happy. Could you help me find new solicitors?

They would need to be really poor to suggest diss instructing them. Has the mortgage offer been issued? If so you need to make them aware of the new conveyancer and get the loan are re-issued. Your conveyancer should be on the banks approved list to avoid added costs and delays. That should be your starting point. Our find a solicitor tool will help you find a lender approved conveyancer for your home move in Romsey

Last updated

Sample of conveyancing solicitors in Romsey regulated by the SRA

It is important to note that the listed firms do not limit their work for conveyancing in Romsey but also conveyancing throughout England and Wales.

  • Bells, 5 Market Place, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8XF
  • Kirklands, Unit 5 Abbey Walk, Church Street, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8JQ
  • Asher Broomfield, 22 Church Street, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8BU
  • D E Sturgess, Fernbrook House, 42 Middlebridge Street, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8HL
  • Peter Clarke Solicitors Llp, 63 Commercial Road, Totton, Southampton, Hampshire, SO40 3AH

Typically, Romsey conveyancing for a sale has some of the following tasks

  • Obtaining instructions from parties involved
  • Investigating the title to the property
  • Drafting contract and related documents
  • Submitting draft papers to the conveyancing practitioner representing the buyer
  • Finalising the wording for contracts and answering supplemental enquires from the buyer’s conveyancing practitioner
  • Negotiating the transfer document
  • Responding to requisitions prepared by the purchaser’s conveyancing practitioner
  • Proceeding to exchange of contracts and then completion formalities
  • Accepting the sale proceeds and wiring funds to the seller, the estate agent and redeeming the home loan (where applicable)

Transfer of Equity conveyancing in Romsey almost always includes the following:

  • Taking instructions from the appropriate parties
  • Collating the documents evidencing the title to the property
  • Acting on behalf of the bank (if applicable)
  • Negotiating the terms of the transaction
  • Drafting Transfer or approving draft Transfer
  • Negotiating adjustments to the draft Transfer
  • Corresponding with parties concerning the Transfer
  • Agreeing and preparing for completion
  • Receiving and transferring funds to the appropriate parties
  • Preparing and submitting to HMRC the appropriate Land Tax forms and payment
  • Registering the new ownership and the home loan (if appropriate) at the HMLR.

*Source acknowledgement: House price data produced by Land Registry as well data supplied by Lexsure Ltd.

© Crown copyright material is reproduced with the permission of Land Registry under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO.