Find a Lender-Approved Local Conveyancer in Reading

Ready to buy a new home? Find a law firm approved by your lender.

Follow your intuition—you will have a better house move where you instruct a high street solicitor in Reading

Reading Conveyancing Statistics*

  • 1 Percentage of leasehold conveyancing cases in Reading with service charge retention of 2%
  • 2 Percentage of cases in Reading that are buy to let is 17%
  • 3 Average time frame of 37 days for registration of title in Reading
  • 4 124 is the median number of years remaining on leases in Reading
  • 5 Average time from start to moving day was 75 days for conveyancing in Reading

Examples of recent conveyancing in Reading since March 2022*

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Reading

I was informed recently by my financial adviser that my Reading solicitor is not on the bank Solicitor panel. How can I check?

You need to call your Reading lawyer directly. It is reasonable to expect your lawyer to inform you of the situation. Where they are not on the panel they may be able to suggest a Reading conveyancing practice that is on the approved list of lawyers for your mortgage company.

I am under pressure from the seller of a property in Reading to sign contracts within four weeks. What can I do to accelerate the conveyancing process?

Where you are under time constraints for your conveyancing it is highly recommended that your conveyancer is familiar with the area as they will have local contacts and knowledge. It is even conceivable that they may have transacted otherhouses in the same road. Therefore consider using a Reading conveyancing solicitor. Second, ensure that the lawyer is on the on the approved list for your mortgage company. It is estimated that nearly one in five of Reading conveyancing deals are frustrated or jeopardised after finding out that a purchaser’s lawyer was not on their banks list of approved solicitors. This can often result in the transaction being held up by as much as three weeks. It is claimed that this issue impacts in the region of 100,000 home moves annually. Almost all Reading conveyancing firms can not represent certain mortgage companies so do check as early as possible.

I am purchasing a garden flat in Reading. Conveyancing solicitors are said to be ‘a necessary evil’ but can I do it myself?

Leaving aside the complexities and merits of DIY conveyancing in Reading you will have to appoint a solicitor on your bank's conveyancing panel to look after their interests. Most people therefore find it easier to let the solicitor act for them and the lender. Furthermore there is minimal cost savings to be made in you doing conveyancing for yourself and another lawyer conducting the conveyancing for the lender. Please feel free to use the search tool to find a lawyer on your lender panel in Reading.

I have recentlydiscovered that Wolstenholmes have been shut down. They carried out my conveyancing in Reading for a purchase of a leasehold apartment 9 months ago. How can I check that my home is registered correctly in the name of the previous owner?

The quickest method to see if the property is in your name, you can make a search of the land registry (£3.00). You can either do this yourself or ask a law firm to do this for you. If you are not registered you can seek help from one of a number of Reading conveyancing specialists.

Taking into account that I will soon spend £400,000 on a two bedroom apartment in Reading I wish to talk to a lawyer concerning thehome move ahead of appointing the firm. Can this be arranged?

This is something that we recommend - it is our preference to talk to you we do not take any clients on without you liaising with the lawyer who will be conducting your conveyancing in Reading.There is no ‘factory style conveyancing’ - every client is unique individual, not a case number. The solicitors that we put you in touch with believe that the figure you are quoted for your conveyancing in Reading should be the figure that you end up paying.

Am I best advised to instruct a Reading conveyancing solicitor in close proximity to the house I am hoping to buy? We have a good friend who can deal with the conveyancing but his firm is located 200miles away.

The primary upside of using a local Reading conveyancing practice is that you can pop in to execute paperwork, deliver your ID and pester them if necessary. They will also have local intelligence which is a bonus. However it's more important to get someone that will pull out all the stops for you. If other friends have used your friend and they were content that must outweigh using an unknown Reading conveyancing solicitor solely due to them being based in the area.

Last updated

Residential Landlord and Tenant Conveyancing solicitors in Reading

The list below is a small selection of solicitors in Reading with expertise in landlord and tenant law and on the regulations governing different types of tenancies. This may include advice on Leasehold Valuation Tribunal proceedings

  • Lesley A Clay Solicitor, Wayside Cottage, The Slade, Bucklebury, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 6TE
  • John L Banky Solicitors, 18a High Street, Theale, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 5AN

Residential Licensed Conveyancers in Reading regulated by the CLC

Please be aware that the listed conveyancers do not limit their work for conveyancing in Reading but also conveyancing throughout England and Wales.
  • Pure Property Law Partners Limited, 33 Ashbury Drive, RG31 5LJ

What to expect from a Licensed Conveyancer for conveyancing in Reading?

Licensed Conveyancers specialise in the legalities surrounding purchasing and selling property and cover conveyancing nationwide not just Reading. If using a Licensed Conveyancer governed by the CLC, you should:
  • Be supplied with an honest and lawful service.
  • Enjoy the benefit of a high standard of legal services.
  • Be supplied with your matters dealt with using care, skill and legal know-how.
  • Be supplied with a high quality of service due to your conveyancer’s arrangements, resources, procedures, skills and commitment.
  • Enjoy the benefit of a service which is accessible and responsive to your specific requirements.
  • You should not consider yourself discriminated against, victimised or harassed.
  • To receive the standard you could expect, however, if you do your lawyer accepts responsibility for this and provides you with any appropriate redress.
  • Ensure your individual needs taken into account should you make a complaint.
  • Have a swift, impartial and comprehensive service if if a complaint is made about your conveyancing in Reading.

*Source acknowledgement: House price data produced by Land Registry as well data supplied by Lexsure Ltd.

© Crown copyright material is reproduced with the permission of Land Registry under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO.