Find a Lender-Approved Local Conveyancer in Ringwood

Ready to buy a new home? Find a law firm approved by your lender.

There is a good reason why you won’t find people saying “if only I would have chosen a cheap factory-type firm”! Go local - instruct a conveyancing solicitor in Ringwood

Ringwood Conveyancing Statistics*

  • 1 Average time frame of 68 days for registration of title in Ringwood
  • 2 February was the busiest month and November was the next busiest month while October was the least busiest month of the year for conveyancing in Ringwood
  • 3 Average time from start to completion was 80 days for conveyancing in Ringwood
  • 4 72% freehold and 28% leasehold conveyancing in Ringwood for this year to date
  • 5 Average Stamp Duty Payable for this year to date was £9,195

Examples of recent conveyancing in Ringwood since June 2020*

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Ringwood

Recently contacted my conveyancing lawyer in Ringwood who completed the legal work two years ago and wanted a conveyancing estimate based on an identical type of home move (a leasehold property and a freehold property) of almost identical values with a loan from Halifax. I am now being charged double. Should I look for an alternative conveyancer?

The costs illustration is fractionally on the steep side. If you are prepared to invest time contrasting charges you may be able to get the conveyancing a bit cheaper by perhaps £100 plus VAT. On the other hand, assuming were happy with the legal work the firm gave you couldlive to regret opting for an an unknown solicitor. Remember to be sure the conveyancer can represent Halifax. You can utilise our search tool to choose a Ringwood conveyancing firm on the Halifax approved list of lawyers, which can often include conveyancing solicitors in Ringwood.

Do I have to pop into the offices of the solicitor to sign the legal charge? If so, I will choose one who does conveyancing in Ringwood so that I can pop in to their offices when needed.

Nowadays approved lawyers for lenders carry out their communications through the post, internet or over phone calls. This means that they can undertake the legal work for your home move no matter where you live in England or Wales. However you should see if you can still book an appointment to visit conveyancing lawyer if you prefer.

My wife and I have organised a further advance on our mortgage from Principality as we want to carry out alterations to our property in Ringwood. Do we need to select a bricks and mortar Ringwood solicitor on the Principality conveyancing panel to deal with the paperwork?

Principality do not ordinarily appoint firms on their approved list of lawyers to handle the formalities. If they do require any legal work then you would need to ensure that such a lawyer was on the Principality conveyancing panel.

I am currently in the process of buying my council flat in Ringwood. I have a mortgage offer with Clydesdale. Conveyancing is new to me. Can I proceed without a solicitor easily? I think we can but we keep being told I should use one. Any advice?

It is not advisable to proceed with a house purchase without a solicitor. The council's solicitor are not acting for you. You need a solicitor for a number reasons. One of which is to verify what plans the Council have for repairs and refurbishment for the next five years. Many leaseholders have been stung for contributions of thousands of pounds. In any event, if you are getting a mortgage with Clydesdale, you will need to appoint a solicitor on the Clydesdale conveyancing panel.

I am due to exchange contracts on my flat. I had a double glazing fitted in October 2008, but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My purchaser’s lender, Coventry BS are being a right pain. The Ringwood solicitor who is on the Coventry BS conveyancing panel is recommending indemnity insurance as a solution but Coventry BS are requiring a building regulation certificate. Why do Coventry BS have a conveyancing panel if they don't accept advice from them?

It is probably the case that Coventry BS have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why Coventry BS may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing was correctly and safely installed. The indemnity insurance merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.

I'm refinancing my primary house to a BTL mortgage with Platform Home Loans Ltd and I will use the rest of the raised equity towards another property. The area we are looking at is Ringwood. Will your solicitors be able to act for the two mortgage companies and tie in the two deals?

Do use our comparison tool on this page to be sure that the conveyancers are approved by both lenders. Assuming that they are your conveyancer should be able to tie up the two transactions but you should have a chat with you lawyer and communicate your desired outcome and needs.

My partner has encouraged me to use his lawyers for conveyancing in Ringwood. Should I use them?

No doubt the ideal way to find a conveyancing practitioner is to get referrals from friends or relatives who have experience in using the conveyancer that you are considering.

Do you have any top tips for leasehold conveyancing in Ringwood from the perspective of saving time on the sale process?

  • Much of the delay in leasehold conveyancing in Ringwood can be reduced if you get in touch lawyers the minute you market your property and ask them to put together the leasehold information needed by the buyers’ solicitors.
  • In the event that you altered the property did you need the Landlord’s consent? Have you, for example installed wooden flooring? Most leases in Ringwood state that internal structural alterations or addition of wooden flooring necessitate a licence from the Landlord consenting to such works. Where you fail to have the approvals in place do not communicate with the landlord without checking with your conveyancer first. If there is a history of any disputes with your freeholder or managing agents it is very important that these are settled before the property is put on the market. The buyers and their solicitors will be reluctant to purchase a property where a dispute is unsettled. You may need to swallow your pride and discharge any arrears of service charge or settle the dispute prior to completion of the sale. It is therefore preferable to have any dispute settled prior to the contract papers being issued to the buyers’ solicitors. You will still have to reveal details of the dispute to the buyers, but it is clearly preferable to present the dispute as historic as opposed to unsettled. You may think that you are aware of the number of years remaining on your lease but you should verify this by asking your lawyers. A buyer’s lawyer will be unlikely to recommend their client to to exchange contracts if the remaining number of years is under 80 years. It is therefore important at an early stage that you identify whether the lease term for your property needs extending. If it does, contact your solicitors before you put your home on the market for sale.

I bought a 1st floor flat in Ringwood, conveyancing formalities finalised 3 years ago. Can you give me give me an indication of the likely cost of a lease extension? Comparable properties in Ringwood with over 90 years remaining are worth £265,000. The average or mid-range amount of ground rent is £50 yearly. The lease terminates on 21st October 2096

With only 76 years unexpired the likely cost is going to range between £8,600 and £9,800 plus legals.

The figure that we have given is a general guide to costs for extending a lease, but we are not able to advice on a more accurate figure in the absence of detailed due diligence. Do not use the figures in tribunal or court proceedings. There may be other issues that need to be taken into account and you obviously should be as accurate as possible in your negotiations. Neither should you move forward placing reliance on this information before seeking the advice of a professional.

Last updated

Sample of conveyancing solicitors in Ringwood regulated by the SRA

It is important to note that the listed firms do not limit their work for conveyancing in Ringwood but also conveyancing throughout England and Wales.

  • Forest Edge Legal Practice Ltd, New House, Market Place, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24 1ER
  • Letchers, 24 Market Place, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24 1BS
  • Jacksons, 5 Provost Street, Fordingbridge, Hampshire, SP6 1AZ
  • Dixon & Templeton Llp, 43 High Street, Fordingbridge, Hampshire, SP6 1AU

Residential Landlord and Tenant Conveyancing solicitors in Ringwood

The list below is a small selection of solicitors in Ringwood with expertise in landlord and tenant law and on the regulations governing different types of tenancies. This may include advice on Claims for damages for illegal

  • Forest Edge Legal Practice Ltd, New House, Market Place, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24 1ER
  • Letchers, 24 Market Place, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24 1BS
  • Jacksons, 5 Provost Street, Fordingbridge, Hampshire, SP6 1AZ
  • Dixon & Templeton Llp, 43 High Street, Fordingbridge, Hampshire, SP6 1AU

Commercial Conveyancing solicitors in Ringwood regulated by the SRA

The list below is a non-comprehensive list of solicitors in Ringwood specialising in commercial conveyancing in Ringwood. This should include advice on re-mortgaging commercial property
  • Forest Edge Legal Practice Ltd, New House, Market Place, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24 1ER
  • Jacksons, 5 Provost Street, Fordingbridge, Hampshire, SP6 1AZ
  • Dixon & Templeton Llp, 43 High Street, Fordingbridge, Hampshire, SP6 1AU

*Source acknowledgement: House price data produced by Land Registry as well data supplied by Lexsure Ltd.

© Crown copyright material is reproduced with the permission of Land Registry under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO.