Find a Lender-Approved Local Conveyancer in Deal

Ready to buy a new home? Find a law firm approved by your lender.

FACT : Deal Conveyancing Solicitors Know more about Conveyancing in Deal

Deal Conveyancing Statistics*

  • 1 142 is the median number of years remaining on leases in Deal
  • 2 Average Stamp Duty Payable for last year was £3,924
  • 3 Average time frame of 26 days for registration of title in Deal
  • 4 Average Land Registry Fee for last year was £270
  • 5 Average time from start to moving day was 67 days for conveyancing in Deal

Examples of recent conveyancing in Deal since October 2020*

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Deal

It has taken forever and a day but a mortgage agreement from HSBC for the remortgage of my 2 room apartment is to be issued any day now. Could you recommend a cheap conveyancing law firm in Deal?

This site is not designed to assist those in pursuit of the lowest fares for conveyancing solicitors in Deal. We can offer you excellent value conveyancing but we do not aim to advertise as being the cheapest. Resist the temptation to appoint companies seducing you with low cost conveyancing in Deal. At best, in choosing a lawyer for low cost conveyancing, you will get your money’s worth and at worst you will end up spending a lot in additional fees and still not receive the service expected.

My wife and I are due to exchange buying a property in Deal but as a consequence of damage from a small fire at the property I have managed to agree recompense from the seller of £3k in the form of a deduction in the price. I had intended this to be addressed as part of amending the contract however Virgin Money will not permit this. Why were they informed?

Your lawyer that is on the Virgin Money conveyancing panel is required to inform Virgin Money of any changes to the purchase price. If you were to refuse your conveyancer to notify the price change to Virgin Money then they would have to discontinue acting for you. In addition, Virgin Money and you would have to appoint a new solicitor for your conveyancing in Deal.

We note that you have a search directory identifying solicitors on the Virgin Money conveyancing panel. Do firms pay you a referral fee if I retain them for our own conveyancing in Deal?

We are a listing service only for law firms wishing to communicate if they are on the Virgin Money conveyancing panel or other lender panels. We do not charge referral fees to any conveyancer that you subsequently appoint for your conveyancing in Deal.

Do the Building Society Association intend to launch a search tool with a view to to identify solicitors on the Loughborough BS conveyancing panel for example in Deal?

We are not aware of any intention on the part of the BSA to develop such a tool.

I'm buying my first flat in Deal benefiting from help to buy. The builders refused to budge the price so I negotiated £7000 of extras instead. The property agent told me not to tell my solicitor about this deal as it would impact my mortgage with the lender. Do I keep my lawyer in the dark?.

All lenders require a Disclosure of Incentives Form from the builder of any new build, converted or renovated property, It is available online from the Lenders’ Handbook page on the CML website. CML form is completed and handed to the lender's surveyor when the inspection is done.

Lenders have different policies on incentives. Some accept none at all, cash or physical, while others will accept cash incentives up to 5%.

Hard to understand why the representative of a builder would be suggesting you withold information from a solicitor when all this will be clearly visible on forms the builder has to supply to its solicitor, the buyer's solicitor and the surveyor.

What makes a Deal lease unmortgageable?

There is nothing unique about leasehold conveyancing in Deal. Most leases are unique and legal mistakes in the legal wording can sometimes mean that certain clauses are missing. For example, if your lease is missing any of the following, it could be defective:

    A provision to repair to or maintain parts of the building Maintenance charge proportions which don’t add up to the correct percentage

You will encounter a problem when selling your property if you have a defective lease primarily because it impacts on the ability to obtain a mortgage on the property. Nationwide Building Society, Coventry Building Society, and Platform Home Loans Ltd all have very detailed requirements when it comes to what is expected in a lease. If a mortgage lender believes that the lease does not cover certain provisions they may refuse to grant the mortgage, obliging the purchaser to pull out.

I am the registered owner of a ground floor flat in Deal, conveyancing having been completed 6 years ago. Can you let me have an estimated range of the fair premium for a lease extension? Equivalent properties in Deal with over 90 years remaining are worth £265,000. The ground rent is £50 yearly. The lease comes to an end on 21st October 2097

With only 76 years unexpired we estimate the price of your lease extension to range between £8,600 and £9,800 as well as plus your own and the landlord's "reasonable" professional fees.

The figure that we have given is a general guide to costs for extending a lease, but we are not able to provide the actual costs without more detailed investigations. Do not use this information in tribunal or court proceedings. There are no doubt other concerns that need to be considered and you obviously want to be as accurate as possible in your negotiations. Please do not move forward placing reliance on this information before getting professional advice.

Last updated

Residential Landlord and Tenant Conveyancing solicitors in Deal

The firms listed below are a small selection of solicitors in Deal with expertise in landlord and tenant law and on the regulations governing different types of tenancies. This should include advice on Service charge disputes

  • Hardmans, 4-6 Park Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6AQ
  • Emmerson Brown & Brown, 127 High Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6BD
  • Paynes Solicitors And Mediators, 38 The Strand, Walmer, Deal, Kent, CT14 7DX

Commercial Conveyancing solicitors in Deal regulated by the SRA

The firms listed below are a small selection of solicitors in Deal with expertise in commercial conveyancing in Deal. This could include advice on taking a commercial lease as a tenant
  • C.m.robinson Solicitors Ltd, 47 Queen Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6EY
  • Hardmans & Co, 49 - 51 High Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6EL
  • Hardmans, 4-6 Park Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6AQ
  • Emmerson Brown & Brown, 127 High Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6BD

What to expect from a Licensed Conveyancer for conveyancing in Deal?

Licensed Conveyancers assist with the transfer of ownership of a property from one person to another and cover conveyancing throughout England and Wales as well as Deal. If using a Licensed Conveyancer governed by the CLC, you can expect:
  • Receive an honest and lawful conveyancing.
  • Receive a high standard of legal services.
  • Have your conveyancing dealt with using care, skill and diligence.
  • Have a high quality of service due to your lawyer’s arrangements, resources, procedures, skills and commitment.
  • Receive a service which is accessible and responsive to your specific requirements.
  • You should not consider yourself discriminated against, victimised or harassed.
  • To receive the standard you could expect, however, if you do your lawyer accepts responsibility for this and provides you with any appropriate redress.
  • Ensure your specific needs taken into account should a complaint be made.
  • Have a speedy, objective and comprehensive service where making a complaint about your conveyancing in Deal about your conveyancing in Deal.

*Source acknowledgement: House price data produced by Land Registry as well data supplied by Lexsure Ltd.

© Crown copyright material is reproduced with the permission of Land Registry under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO.