Penrith Building Society Conveyancing Panel Information
BSA Designator: Penrith Building Society
Jurisdiction: England and Wales
The information on this page is designed to keep solicitors and licensed conveyancers abreast of latest requirements changes by Penrith Building Society and to assist in remaining on the Penrith Building Society Approved Conveyancing Solicitors.
Find a Lawyer on the Penrith Building Society Approved Conveyancing Solicitors
powered by LenderPanel
Penrith Building Society Solicitor Panel Assistance:
Firm must have minimum of 3 partners/principals and provide copy of the acting partner's practicing certificate and confirmation of professional indemnity insurance. Contact point see above.
You must also comply with the terms and conditions of your Penrith Building Society solicitor panel appointment.
- Average time frame to register charges at the Land Registry
- Average time frame to send deeds to the lender (calculated from completion date or title registration)
- Number of conveyancing cases by lender
- The percentage of the firm’s business which is conveyancing (purchase and remortgage)
- Average mortgage advance
- Buy to Let transactions
- Notification to Lender analysis indicating frequency and nature of disclosures - to include benchmarking analysis against aggregate data
- Evidence of undertaking logs
- Current and historic missed priority dates
- Analysis as to the nature of clients (e.g. seen in person)
- To keep us informed of the reasons for any delay in your being able to send the title deeds and documents we require to us within 3 months of completion or evidence of proof of registration within that period. (We will send reminders if the deeds have not been received but will not acknowledge receipt of deeds.)
- To be responsible for the reconstitution of the title deeds (whether the title is registered or unregistered, at your own cost), where any deeds in your possession, or were last known to be in your possession, go missing.
- To forward the title deeds and documents to another solicitor within 24 hours of an instruction from us requiring you to do so. On forwarding the deeds as instructed you will confirm to us that you have done so. Upon receipt of your confirmation, we will release you from all undertakings relating to your holding the title deeds.
- To notify us in writing of any change in your details as held on our records for example, change of address, telephone number, document exchange number email address. Notification must be given to us at least 10 days before the change will be effective.
- Without prejudice to your obligation to comply in full with the Safeguards provisions in the BSA Lenders’ Handbook, to report to us as soon as possible any suspicion that you have about the genuineness of any transaction in any respect.
In your situation, if the purchaser will not consent to the information being passed on to the lender, the solicitor must cease to act for Penrith Building Society and it may well be prudent for you to cease to act for the purchaser as well. You must not inform Penrith Building Society of the reason for termination of the retainer over and above the fact that a conflict has arisen. The fact that you can no longer act should alert even the most somnambulistic of lenders that something is wrong with the borrower and/or purchase. The fact that you have disinstructed yourself should not affect your Penrith Building Society conveyancing panel status.
Looking for information about your firm's panel status?
Recent Changes Include
|#||Date||Assoc.||Changes Related To|
Last update 21/02/2019