Find a Lender-Approved Local Conveyancer in Marlow

Ready to buy a new home? Find a law firm approved by your lender.

Selecting the right solicitor is the most important decision when it comes to your Marlow house move

Reasons to use our Marlow conveyancing solicitors

  • 1 The Marlow conveyancing firms that are identified are dedicated to providing the most cost, efficient and transparent conveyancing service to borrowers, sellers and remortgagors in Marlow
  • 2 Notwithstanding what alternative companies say it just might be important to attend your conveyancer to execute documents. There are various parties with engaged in a homemove without needing to add the postman into the pot.
  • 3 The hallmark of our conveyancing solicitors in Marlow is quality not quantity. The level of service offered by conveyancing "factories" (sometimes 'recommended' by national chain estate agents) often falls short of the high standards of professionalism you would hope for.
  • 4 Using a high street Solicitor generally means that you will receive a more personal touch. When using a large conveyancing firm, your matter is dealt with by a team of people who who update you by reading from their computer screens.
  • 5 Solicitors accustomed to conveyancing in Marlow regularly deal withlocal issues peculiar to Marlow and therefore you may benefit from better guidance and faster conveyancing.

Examples of recent conveyancing in Marlow since February 2021*

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Marlow

What is the best way to check that the solicitor carrying out my conveyancing in Marlow is on the bank’sapproved panel? I am looking to avoid the situation of having one lawyer for me and one for Bank of Ireland thus spending £187.00 plus VAT in further legal invoice.

Please do take advantage of the find a lender approved solicitor tool on this page. Pick the mortgage company and type ‘Marlow’ or your location and you will be presented with numerous conveyancers located in Marlow or by proximity to you.

Just bought a terraced house in Marlow , how long will it take for the Land Registry to deal with the formalities evidencing my ownership? My Marlow conveyancing solicitor works at snail pace, so I want to check the land registry aspects are dealt with.

As far as conveyancing in Marlow registration is no quicker or slower than anywhere else in the country. Rather than based on location, timeframes can adjust depending on who lodges the application, whether it is in order and whether the Land registry communicate with any interested persons or bodies. At present approximately 80% of such applications are completed within 12 days but some can be subject to protracted delays. Historically registration takes place once the new owner is living at the premises therefore 'speed' is not always top priority but if there is a degree of urgency associated with the registration then you or your conveyancer must speak with the land registry and explain the circumstances.

The estate agent has sent us the confirmation of our purchase of a new build flat in Marlow. Conveyancing is necessary evil at the best of times but I have never purchased a new build flat before. What sort of enquires would be asked in new build conveyancing.

Here are examples of a few leasehold new build enquiries that you can expect your new-build leasehold conveyancing in Marlow

    Will the freehold then be transferred for a nominal consideration (not exceeding £100) to the Management Company? Where service of notices and proceedings can be at the property demised please confirm that this can be amended to include simultaneous services at the Lessees’ solicitors’ offices where the Lessee from time to time is not resident in the UK - such solicitors may be varied by notice in writing to the Landlord from time to time but otherwise will be as previously specified. There must be mutual enforceability of lessee’s covenants. Please supply a car parking plan. Will control of the Management Company (if any) be handed over to purchasers on completion of the last sale or earlier?

Due to the input of my in-laws I had a survey completed on a house in Marlow before appointing lawyers. I have been advised that there is a flying freehold element to the property. The surveyor advised that some mortgage companies tend refuse to give a mortgage on such a property.

It depends who your proposed lender is. Lloyds has different requirements from Nationwide. If you e-mail us we can look into this further with the relevant lender. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can help as they are used to dealing with flying freeholds in Marlow. Conveyancing will be smoother if you use a solicitor in Marlow especially if they are accustomed to such properties in Marlow.

Am I best advised to choose a Marlow conveyancing lawyer who is local to the property I am purchasing? We have a good friend who can handle the legal work however his firm is located approximately 350miles drive away.

The primary upside of using a high street Marlow conveyancing practice is that you can pop in to sign documents, present your ID and apply pressure on them where appropriate. They will also have local insight which is a benefit. However it's more important to get someone that will do a good and efficient job. If if people you trust used your friend and on the whole were content that should surpass using an unfamiliar Marlow conveyancing solicitor solely due to them being based in the area.

Can you provide any top tips for leasehold conveyancing in Marlow from the point of view of expediting the sale process?

  • A significant proportion of the delay in leasehold conveyancing in Marlow can be avoided if you instruct lawyers the minute you market your property and ask them to put together the leasehold information which will be required by the buyers’ representatives.
  • If you are supposed to have a share in the freehold, you should ensure that you have the original share document. Obtaining a re-issued share certificate is often a lengthy process and delays many a Marlow conveyancing transaction. If a reissued share is required, you should approach the company officers or managing agents (if applicable) for this at the earliest opportunity. If you have carried out any alterations to the residence would they have required Landlord’s permission? Have you, for example installed wooden flooring? Marlow leases often stipulate that internal structural alterations or installing wooden flooring require a licence from the Landlord approving such changes. Should you fail to have the consents to hand you should not communicate with the landlord without checking with your lawyer in advance. Many landlords or managing agents in Marlow levy fees for supplying management packs for a leasehold property. You or your lawyers should find out the actual amount of the charges. The management information sought on or before finding a buyer, thus accelerating the process. The average time it takes to receive management information is three weeks. It is the most usual cause of delay in leasehold conveyancing in Marlow. If you have had conflict with your landlord or managing agents it is very important that these are resolved prior to the flat being marketed. The buyers and their solicitors will be reluctant to purchase a property where there is an ongoing dispute. You may need to swallow your pride and pay any arrears of service charge or settle the dispute prior to the buyers completing the purchase. It is therefore preferable to have any dispute settled prior to the contract papers being issued to the buyers’ solicitors. You will still have to reveal details of the dispute to the buyers, but it is clearly preferable to present the dispute as historic rather than unsettled.

Marlow Leasehold Conveyancing - Examples of Queries Prior to Purchasing

    If a Marlow lease has less than eighty years it will impact the value of the flat. Check with your bank that they are willing to to proceed given the lease term. A short lease means that you will most likely require a lease extension sooner rather than later and you need to have some idea of how much this would cost. For most Marlowlease extensions you will need to own the property for 24 months before you are eligible to carry out a lease extension. It is important to be aware whether window replacement or some other significant cost is due shortly to be shared by the tenants and could well dramatically increase the the service costs or necessitate a specific payment.

Last updated

Residential Landlord and Tenant Conveyancing solicitors in Marlow

The firms listed below are a non-comprehensive list of solicitors in Marlow practicing in landlord and tenant law and on the regulations governing different types of tenancies. This may include advice on Leasehold Valuation Tribunal proceedings

  • Chiltern Legal Limited, 4 Chiltern Road, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 2PP
  • Land Graham Partnership Llp, Lacemaker House, 5-7 Chapel Street, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 3HN
  • Gabbitas Robins, The Old House, West Street, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 2LS
  • Gordons Solicitors Limited, Winter Hill House, Marlow Reach, Station Approach, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1NT
  • Barrett And Associates, 42 Marlow Bottom, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 3NB

Commercial Conveyancing solicitors in Marlow regulated by the SRA

The firms listed below are a non-comprehensive list of solicitors in Marlow with expertise in commercial conveyancing in Marlow. This will likely include advice on commercial leases including all matters relating to landlord and tenant law
  • Chiltern Legal Limited, 4 Chiltern Road, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 2PP
  • Land Graham Partnership Llp, Lacemaker House, 5-7 Chapel Street, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 3HN
  • Gabbitas Robins, The Old House, West Street, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 2LS
  • Gordons Solicitors Limited, Winter Hill House, Marlow Reach, Station Approach, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1NT
  • Moorcrofts Llp, Thames House, Mere Park, Dedmere Road, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1PB

Planning law solicitors in Marlow regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority

The list below is a small selection of solicitors in Marlow practicing in planning law. The solicitors can give expert legal advice on all aspects of planning, including planning applications and appeals
  • Gordons Solicitors Limited, Winter Hill House, Marlow Reach, Station Approach, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1NT
  • Louise Greer, 43 Switchback Road North, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 7QX
  • Clifford Joseph, Gatehouse Tiggers, Hall Place Lane, Burchetts Green, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 6QY
  • Reynolds Parry Jones Llp, 10 Easton Street, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1NP
  • Colemans Solicitors Llp, 21 Marlow Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 7AA

*Source acknowledgement: House price data produced by Land Registry as well data supplied by Lexsure Ltd.

© Crown copyright material is reproduced with the permission of Land Registry under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO.