Find a Lender-Approved Local Conveyancer in Enfield

Ready to buy a new home? Find a law firm approved by your lender.

There is a good reason why you won’t find people saying “if only I would have chosen a cheap online firm”! Go local - instruct a conveyancing solicitor in Enfield

Enfield Conveyancing Statistics*

  • 1 243 is the median number of years remaining on leases in Enfield
  • 2 64% freehold and 36% leasehold conveyancing in Enfield for this year to date
  • 3 Average time frame of 98 days for registration of title in Enfield
  • 4 Average Stamp Duty Payable for this year to date was £13,355
  • 5 Average Land Registry Fee for this year to date was £270

Examples of recent conveyancing in Enfield since March 2023*

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Enfield

We decided to go with a local lawyer for my conveyancing in Enfield today. Looking through the Terms I notewe are on the hook for fees even where the transaction does not complete. Would I be best advised to select an internet firm promoting no completion no charge conveyancing in Enfield?

Generally there is a compromise along the lines that if "No Completion No Fee" is advertised then the conveyancing charges will tend to be be more expensive to cover the cases that do not go ahead. Dont forget that these schemes rarely cover outlay for instance Enfield conveyancing search costs.

My conveyancer has uncovered a a legal deficiency with the lease for the apartment we are buying in Enfield. The other side have suggested defective title insurance as a solution. We are happy with insurance and will cover the costs. Our lawyer has advised that he must check that the lender is happy with this solution. Who is the client here, us or the bank?

Notwithstanding that you have a mortgage offer from the bank does not mean to say that the property will meet their requirements for the purposes of a mortgage. Your lawyer has to ensure that the lease has to comply with the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook conditions. You and the bank are the client. These conveyancing instructions have to be complied with.

The Enfield conveyancing lawyers that I recently instructed on my purchase in Enfield have suddenly closed. I only went with them because I needed a solicitor on the Skipton conveyancing panel and my family Enfield lawyer was not. I sent them a cheque for two hundred pounds in advance. What should be my next steps?

If you have an estate agent involved then inform them immediately so that they can let the sellers know that there may be a slight delay due to the problems encountered. Hopefully they will be sympathetic and urge their lawyer to send a new set of papers to your new solicitors. You should appoint new lawyers that are on the Skipton conveyancing panel and notify the lender. If you have paid over any money, it will hopefully be held by the SRA as money in an intervened firm's bank accounts is transferred to the SRA. Then, the SRA or the intervention agent looks at the intervened firm's accounts to work out who the money belongs to. To claim your money you will need to contact the SRA. If the SRA cannot return money you are owed from the firm's bank accounts, or if they can only return part of the money, you can apply to the Compensation Fund for a grant. Your new lawyers may be able to help.

I have decided to exercise my right to buy my property in Enfield off the council. I have a mortgage offer with Clydesdale. Conveyancing is not something I have any knowledge of. Can I proceed without a solicitor easily? I think we can but we keep being told I should have one. Any advice?

It is not advisable to proceed with a house purchase without a solicitor. The council's solicitor are not acting for you. You need a solicitor for a number reasons. One of which is to verify what plans the Council have for repairs and refurbishment for the next five years. Many leaseholders have been stung for contributions of thousands of pounds. In any event, if you are getting a mortgage with Clydesdale, you will need to appoint a solicitor on the Clydesdale conveyancing panel.

The mortgage over my property is with Co-operative for my property in Enfield. Conveyancing was finalised some time ago. Should I wish to rent out my property and do not currently have a buy-to-let mortgage do I need to remortgage to a buy-to-let mortgage or inform Co-operative?

Your original mortgage agreement with Co-operative will provide that you need their approval prior to renting your property as this is likely to be a breach of Co-operative’s mortgage conditions. In many cases banks or building societies will allow you to rent out your former home without needing to switch to a buy-to-let mortgage but some lenders will add a surcharge to your mortgage rate to reflect the higher risk. You should contact Co-operative directly. You need not do this via a Co-operative conveyancing panel lawyer.

Aldermore have agreed my home loan in principle, my bid on a property in Enfield has been accepted, what happens next?

Your property agent will want to know who your solicitors are (ensure that the property lawyers are on the lender’s panel). Contact Aldermore or your broker and finalise any appropriate documentation. Aldermore will sellect a valuer who will get in contact with the estate agent or seller to book a slot for the valuation to take place. Once carried out (assuming no problems) it takes on average ten days for the mortgage offer to be issued. Aldermore will send the offer to you and your lawyers. The legal work will then take it’s course according the nature and complexity of the conveyancing in Enfield.

I am looking into buying my first house which is in Enfield and I am already nervous. I couldn't find anything specific about Enfield. Conveyancing will be needed in due course but do you know about the Enfield area? or perhaps some other tips you can share?

Rather than looking online forget looking online you should go and have a look at Enfield. In the meantime here are some basic statistics that we found

We are midway through purchasing a house in Enfield. Conveyancing solicitor has called to say the title is "Leasehold". Will this likely make a difference on the marketability of the property?

Enfield conveyancing does not ordinarily involve leasehold houses. The key consideration here is the length of lease and the ground rent. If there are over a hundred years remaining with a nominal rent, it's essentially freehold, so it shouldn't impact the value significantly.

At the other end of the spectrum, if it's, say, fifty five years it is bound to have a significant effect on the value, and probably wouldn't be acceptable to the mortgage company. The remaining lease term and ground rent will be set out in the lease to be supplied to your lawyer.

Last updated

Sample of conveyancing solicitors in Enfield regulated by the SRA

It is important to note that the listed firms do not limit their work for conveyancing in Enfield but also conveyancing throughout England and Wales.

  • Julliz Solicitors Llp, 84 Lancaster Road, Enfield, Middlesex, EN2 0BX
  • Cleverdons, 7 Rendlesham Road, Enfield, Middlesex, EN2 0TS
  • Shepherd Harris & Co Ltd, Nickel House, 96 Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3EL
  • Barnes And Partners, 90 Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3EP
  • B&p E Move (practicing Style Of Barnes And Partners), 90 Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3EP

Residential Landlord and Tenant Conveyancing solicitors in Enfield

The list below is a small selection of solicitors in Enfield with expertise in landlord and tenant law and on the regulations governing different types of tenancies. This should include advice on Claims for damages for illegal

  • Julliz Solicitors Llp, 84 Lancaster Road, Enfield, Middlesex, EN2 0BX
  • Shepherd Harris & Co Ltd, Nickel House, 96 Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3EL
  • B&p E Move (practicing Style Of Barnes And Partners), 90 Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3EP
  • Barnes And Partners, 90 Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3EP
  • Karis Spyris Llp, The Business Centre, 758 Great Cambridge Road, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3PN

Domestic Licensed Conveyancers in Enfield regulated by the Council of Licensed Conveyancers

Please note that the listed conveyancers do not limit their work for conveyancing in Enfield but also conveyancing across England and Wales.
  • L B Property Lawyers, Imperial House, N17 0SP
  • Horizon Law Limited, 214 High Street, EN5 5SZ

*Source acknowledgement: House price data produced by Land Registry as well data supplied by Lexsure Ltd.

© Crown copyright material is reproduced with the permission of Land Registry under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO.