Find a Lender-Approved Local Conveyancer in Ware

Ready to buy a new home? Find a law firm approved by your lender.

Our lawyers are committed to delivering the best property conveyancing to Ware vendors and purchasers

Logical reasons to let us help you choose a local conveyancing solicitor in Ware

  • 1 Experience means that Ware property lawyer have developed valuable working relationships with Ware local estate agents, banks, building societies, landlords and property developers enabling them to liaise at speed with all concerned in the process of undertaking your conveyancing in Ware.
  • 2 Property lawyer conveyancing firms have valuable personal connections with Ware estate agents and work very closely with them and local surveyors so as to ensure transactions proceed expeditiously.
  • 3 Ware property lawyers will have connections at the local Land Registry Office, Local Authority and estate agents
  • 4 The hallmark of our conveyancing solicitors in Ware is quality not quantity. The level of service offered by conveyancing "factories" (sometimes 'recommended' by national chain estate agents) often falls short of the level of professionalism you will expect.
  • 5 This site is the first site that enables you the facility to check that your property ownership legalities in Ware will be carried out by a solicitor on your lender’s member panel.

Examples of recent conveyancing in Ware since October 2020*

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Ware

I am getting a mortgage offer from Halifax. I intend to instruct a Licensed Conveyancer in Ware. Does the Halifax Conveyancing panel include conveyancers regulated by the CLC?

The Halifax conveyancing panel is, like many other lenders, represented by the Council or Mortgage Lenders or Building Society Association, open to Licensed Conveyancers regulated by the CLC.

About to place an offer on a leasehold apartment in Ware. The selling agents advise that it is the norm for flats in Ware to have less than 75 years unexpired on the lease. I am expecting a mortgage with Platform. Is this going to be acceptable if the lease has 72 years left.

Most leasehold conveyancing experts should be able to deal with a lease extension. if you are securing a mortgage then your lender may insist that the lease be extended before competition. Platform have specific requirements as set out in the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook in relation to minimum unexpired lease terms. As of 4/1/2021 the requirements read as follows :

70 years unexpired at application, 30 years at the end of the mortgage term, except where the mortgage application is pursuant to Platform's participation in the Government's Help to Buy Shared Equity scheme, in which case (a) the unexpired lease term must not be less than 250 years for new-build houses and not less than 125 years for new-build flats and (b) ground rent must be reasonable at all times and any escalation must be linked to RPI (Retail Price Index) or a similar index.

I am helping my sister sell her house in Ware. Does the conveyancing solicitor commission the EPC or it is for the seller to see to?

Following the abolition of HIPs, EPC’s was left as a required element of moving property. An energy assessment needs to be commissioned before the property is advertised. It is not as aspect of the sale process that lawyers ordinarily arrange. Where you are using a Ware conveyancing practitioner they may be able to arrange EPC’s given their relationships with reputable Ware energy assessors

Can you help - my lawyer says that defective lease insurance is required on my purchase. What is the typical level of cover needed for conveyancing in Ware?

The appropriate level of defective lease indemnity insurance should be dictated by who your lender. It would differ for example between Accord Mortgages Ltd and Norwich and Peterborough Building Society. Conveyancing lawyers as opposed to borrowers take out such policies.

UBS have agreed my mortgage in principle, my bid on a house in Ware has been agreed to, what are the next steps?

Your property agent will want to be advised as to your conveyancing practitioner's details (make sure the property lawyers are on the lender’s panel). Telephone UBS or the financial adviser and complete any outstanding paperwork. UBS will instruct a valuer who will get in contact with the estate agent or owners to schedule an appointment. Once conducted (assuming no problems) it takes approximately ten days for the mortgage offer to be issued. UBS will issue the offer to you and your property lawyers. The transaction will then take it’s course according the nature and complexity of the conveyancing in Ware.

I am selling our home in Ware and the buyers lawyers are claiming that there is a risk of it being built on contaminated land. Any high street Ware conveyancer would know that there is no such problem. For the life of me I don't know why the purchasers are using an internet conveyancing outfit rather than a conveyancing solicitor in Ware. Having lived in Ware for three years we know of no issue. Is it a good idea to contact our local Authority to obtain confirmation that the buyers are looking for.

It would appear that you have a conveyancing solicitor currently acting for you. What do they say? You need to enquire of your lawyer before you do anything. It is very possible that once the local authority has been informed of a potential issue it cannot be insured against (a bit like being diagnosed with a serious illness and then taking out life insurance to cover that same illness)

I am looking for a ground for flat up to £305k and found one round the corner in Ware I like with amenity areas and railway links nearby, however it only has 61 years on the lease. There is not much else in Ware for this price, so just wondered if I would be making a mistake acquiring a short lease?

If you need a mortgage the shortness of the lease will likely be a potential deal breaker. Discount the offer by the amount the lease extension will cost if it has not already been discounted. If the existing owner has owned the premises for a minimum of 2 years you may request that they start the process of the extension and then assign it to you. An additional ninety years can be extended on to the existing lease term with a zero ground rent applied. You should speak to your conveyancing solicitor about this matter.

My father has recommend that I use his lawyers for conveyancing in Ware. Should I use them?

Much as we are happy to recommend a Ware conveyancing lawyer it’s preferable to choose a conveyancing solicitor is to have referrals from friends or relatives who have actually experience in using the firm that you are considering.

Last updated

Sample of conveyancing solicitors in Ware regulated by the SRA

It is important to note that the listed firms do not limit their work for conveyancing in Ware but also conveyancing throughout England and Wales.

  • Winters & Co, 3 Baldock Street, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 9DH
  • Pdc Legal Limited, 2 Centrus, Mead Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 7GX

Residential Landlord and Tenant Conveyancing solicitors in Ware

The list below is a small selection of solicitors in Ware practicing in landlord and tenant law and on the regulations governing different types of tenancies. This could include advice on Court proceedings for possession

  • Foulds Solicitors Limited, 1 Gentlemens Field, Westmill Road, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 0EF
  • Winters & Co, 3 Baldock Street, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 9DH
  • Pdc Legal Limited, 2 Centrus, Mead Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 7GX

Ware commercial property solicitors provide expert offering advice on a variety of issues across all aspects of commercial property law

    Sale or acquisition of commercial property investments, including at auction Telecommunications and broadcast mast sites Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 procedures, including serving section 25 and 26 notices Comprehensive advice on planning issues Property due diligence in connection with corporate acquisitions and disposals

Neighboring Locations

Much Hadham

*Source acknowledgement: House price data produced by Land Registry as well data supplied by Lexsure Ltd.

© Crown copyright material is reproduced with the permission of Land Registry under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO.