Halifax Conveyancing Panel Information
UK Finance Designator: Halifax
Jurisdiction: England and Wales
The information on this page is designed to keep solicitors and licensed conveyancers abreast of latest requirements changes by Halifax and to assist in remaining on the Halifax Conveyancing Panel.
Find a Lawyer on the Halifax Conveyancing Panel
powered by LenderPanel
Halifax Solicitor Panel: Recently Asked Questions
- To quote on all communications with us relating to deeds/registration issues, whether by telephone or in writing, the panel number that we provide for each practising address and the mortgage account or application number for the mortgage concerned.
- If you are a sole practitioner, to arrange for appropriate locum cover from our panel where necessary. Your locum must be a member of the Conveyancing panel.
- You have the consent of all borrowers to apply for the deeds, before making any request for deeds. We will accept your request for deeds on the understanding that you have obtained such consent. If this is not the case then you should advise our Deeds Services Department in writing when you make your request
- That any deeds you borrow from us in connection with the personal mortgage of a partner or director at your firm must be requested by a partner or director other than the partner or director concerned and the transaction must be handled by that other partner or director. If you are a sole practitioner and require the loan of deeds in connection with your own mortgage, you must nominate a different firm on our panel to request the deeds and handle the transaction.
- To forward the title deeds and documents to another solicitor/conveyancer within 24 hours of an instruction from us requiring you to do so. On forwarding the deeds as instructed you will confirm to us that you have done so. Upon receipt of your confirmation, we will release you from all undertakings relating to your holding the title deeds.
- lack of transactions
- the lawyer is a sole practitioner
- as part of the HSBC panel reduction.
Remember: CML requirements are not guidelines; they are the lender client’s instructions.
Looking for information about your firm's panel status?
Recent Changes Include
|#||Date||Assoc.||Changes Related To|
|6.8.1||CML||Adoption of Road or Sewer Indemnity Insurance|
Last update 21/02/2019